Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School has begun...

Wow! This week is going by quick. Hi everyone. All the kids are back in school & we're adjusting to new schedules and responsibilities. I've taken a lot of pictures and this morning I scrapped my first school page. It was quick & easy; no distractions! :)



For this design, I recolored paper from my Flutterfly PP Vol.3 to compliment my photos (In PSE4, I like to use the slider for color found in the hue and saturation menu; this changes the hues while preserving the range of colors; to get a monochromatic look, check the box in the lower right corner of the menu box. Note: the monochromatic color will be based on the color you currently have selected as your color option on top; this is displayed on the lower left side of your screen.). I created a couple inked frames & inked corners; should I post an inked corners freebie? I wanted an accent that reflected things my kids associate with school, so I designed a bit of wordart. A tip for recoloring that I like to use is the layer setting: multiply. I like to duplicate the layer and then apply multiply to the duplicate (I also play around with the opacity). I'll post more pages as I build them... and watch for more freebies! { If there are any freebies you missed, please download them now; Monday many of my current freebie links will expire. }
Happy scrapping... Shelley

No comments: