Thursday, August 28, 2008

Meet-the-Teach[her]!

My Popstar is starting 1st grade this year, and Wednesday we went over and met her new teacher ( we actually already knew her & love her!). Popstar was so excited; she's been waiting all Summer to get back to school. I'm a little disappointed in the quality of my pictures; I guess my lens is dirty. But I couldn't let a little blur deny us a great memory in the 2008 scrapbook, so I pretended the pictures were perfect and started scrapping...



For this scrappage, I used papers from Flutterfly Paper Packs (Vol.1 & Vol.2) because the butterflies reminded me of the background brushes accenting Popstar's cherished Hannah Montana posters, Flutterfly Inked Edge Frames, and my original Inked Edge Frames. {All still available freebies here on my blog!} I Blended the peach paper over the Pink print using a clipping mask (FotoBlendz Clipping Masks No.6 ~ Anna Aspnes). I love clipping masks; don't be too surprised if I design a few of my own soon! The journaling points out Popstar's Hannah Montana bookbag and her prized "high-heeled" flip-flops, her awesome new teacher, and her obsession with the classroom couch. I wish the photos were crisper; I'll probably still play with them a bit. I thought the title, Meet the teach[her], was cute; not sure what I will come up with for my son (he starts preschool next week!). Have a great weekend!
Nite, nite... Shelley

No comments: